Cat Adoption Fee Information
The Lakeland Animal Shelter is a private, non-profit organization that relies almost entirely on private donations and its own fund raising abilities to operate. The fees collected from the adoption of each animal help to offset some of the costs involved in providing care for the animals and preparing an animal for placement into a new home. The Services provided by the Shelter that are included in your Cat Adoption Fee range from $165.95 to $335.90
Current Costs to Adopt a Cat from the Shelter*:
Age 0-6 months Cost is $131.50
Age 7 months - 2 years Cost is $106.50
Cats 2 years and over - Name Your Own Adoption Fee
Petsmart (Delavan & East Madison) $25-$75
*If you are a current member of the Lakeland Animal Shelter, a senior citizen (over age 62), or have adopted a pet from the shelter within the last 30 days, you qualify for a $25 discount on your Adoption Fee.
The Cat Adoption Fee Includes:
- Feline Spay ⇒(Cost to the shelter ranges from $35 to $80.50)
- Feline Neuter ⇒(Cost to the shelter ranges from $30 to $60.50)
- FVRCP Vaccination ⇒ (Cost to the shelter ranges from $1.75 to $3.50)
- Bordetella Vaccination ⇒(Cost to the shelter ranges from $4.20 to $8.40)
- Fecal Test ⇒ (Cost to the shelter is $5.00)
- Microchip ⇒ (Cost to the shelter is $6.50)
- Flea Treatment ⇒ (Cost to the shelter is $7.00)
- Wormer ⇒ (Cost to the shelter is $15.00)
- FeLV/FIV Test ⇒ (Cost to the shelter is $25.85)
- Antibiotic ⇒(Cost to the shelter ranges from $20 to $40)
- DTM Fungus Culture ⇒ (Cost to the shelter is $3.50)
- Eye Ointment ⇒ (Cost to the shelter is $12.00)
**A Rabies vaccination may have been done, we are able to do rabies vaccinations for the cats if we have a Vet to volunteer their time to administer it or if a cat is in one of our PetSmart adoption centers. Rabies vaccinations for cats is not a state law, therefor we are not required to administer one before adoption. Some municipalities require cats to be rabies vaccinated, it is then the adopters responsibility to make sure it is done.
Please note: These costs apply only to the medical care of pets in the shelter. LAS spends thousands of dolalrs each year on dogs that come through the shelter doors that require medical attention by a veterinarian. That includes, but is not limited to, dental work, x-rays, emergency services, mass removals, urinalysis, orthopedic surgery, etc. The costs for these medical procedures are NOT covered in the Adoption Fee and are barely covered by general donations.
The Adoption Fee also does NOT include the cost of food, cleaning supplies, vehicle maintenance, equipment maintenance, or the staff wages which exceed 400 hours per week of direct animal care.
Please consider donating to the shelter! Your dollars help us care for all the animals each and every day.